Friday, February 18, 2011

2011 class blog

My class blog has got off to a good start, with photographing my students portraits of themselves, and them using their Solo define map of ME to define themselves. My students are getting their parents to comment. I am giving house points for getting people to comment as an incentive so that the blog becomes more than students creating content for the sake of creating content.  I have had a good start because I organised the blog to be set up before the students started.  Other years, it has been after that, and taken ages to get up and running. Also I am much more confident in the design and setting. The ICT team with the principal's support have decided all classes will have a blog this year as most had one last year and to keep the learning going.  I had already decided to keep mine going to keep my own learning up, and to work on getting more comments as they have been far and few between in other years.  The portraits and me definitions have received very postive comments from the parents.  Wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment