Tuesday, April 19, 2011

blog backgrounds/templates

Yeah!!!! I have finally figured out how to change my class blog template through HTML in template design.  Sometimes I am a very slow learner.  Maybe it is due to school holidays and I can think without that feeling of what must I do next in our day of a teacher's work is never done.
I have found a spaceship background, changed the font colours and font itself.  Would have changed the coloum widths but it wouldn't let me.
I was on a website called snazzyspace.  It had some cool backgrounds but lots of pop ups and adds which are not suitable to show kids if they were to help choose. I found the background I used at http://jellypages.com/.  It has ads which need to be checked but does not seem to have  pop ups.  I have searched several times for backgrounds and got very frustrated with pretty pretty scrapbooking backgrounds, too adult, girly, and junior school backgrounds.  It is very difficult to find backgrounds that appeal to 10 and 11 year olds.  I did find Homer Simpson in the snazzyspace with large donuts but it was a 2 column template. There was also a flashing robot one but hundreds of robots flashing was distracting from the posts.  Humm...... purpose of blog.


Notice Elmo and Big Bird and the dinosaurs.  My students would probably like the Futurama Robot. Anyway, you get my point???

No comments:

Post a Comment