Tuesday, August 17, 2010

ICT Lead Teacher Day

I had a good day today.  We had a fun time making a little presentation about the difference between inquiry learning and teaching as inquiry (action research).  We decided to make Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory teach Penny.  All three of us learnt how to convert Utube videos to avi when downloading, and tonight I have added a downloader to Firefox as an addon.  Sometimes it is very scarey thinking about how much I don't know as I am not an always on my computer type of person.  We are approaching the end of the cluster time and I do know that I am much more confident, probably know more than I think I know and I will miss the ongoing PD.
Being a lead teacher has made me grow in my ability to stand up infront of people and think more quickly, to give my student's more ownership of activities by being more relaxed, and has made me more proactive in trying new things.

1 comment:

  1. I was so impressed by the team work going on with your presentation - it actually looked like you were all having fun! The end result is a fantastic PD resource to use with your own staff so I hope we find a suitable time to share with them!

    ReplyDelete