Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Integrated Learning: Pop Up Books

Today I showed by students a new programme using pop ups to create books.  They are excited about the programme at zooburst.com.  I am using it for my students to recreate Maori myths as part of our Hook activities for our Inquiry unit.  They are also learning the skill of drawing a character or part of the setting in paint and saving it as a jpg to use in the programme.  I only taught myself the rudimentary skills of the programme and demonstrated that with the data projector.  The kids will sort the programme quicker than I.  I did notice after their help with goanimate, that there are similarities between the programs.  This is good for my confidence.  Zooburt comes with embed codes so we will be able to embed on the class blog. Watch this space!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about new tools - will have to give this one a go too!

    ReplyDelete