Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Action Research - Writing

I am finding this hard to do.  When I set a task students who do not have access to the computer can get envious though I say we have to share but it is tricky with 4 computers and 27 children.  I do notice the children I have targeted for the research do work better on the compter, even if just typing their writing straight into word.   Two of the students have long term habits of little writing, and task avoidence.  Suggestions for improvements can be a struggle.  I think longer term, using a computer all the time would help these students.

1 comment:

  1. Access to equipment does make your job more complicated but it's definitely not an insurmountable problem. You have set yourself a considerable challenge with this action research topic but it sounds like you are on the right track. I'm interested to hear if your targetted students are using audio or video for some of their writing??

    ReplyDelete