Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lead Teacher Day at Shelly Park School

Today I learnt about RSS feeds and google reader. I now have to have a play as we were sharing laptops and didn't have a turn. All good. My thought with the RSS feeds was to link the school blogs to it as I hope it will help me comment on them. Belinda also showed us her igoogle page. I see the benefit of the page, although I am not sure I am ready for it yet.

I found it interesting that Belinda mentioned that EPS is going to Google rather than "the cloud" though I guess it is a type of cloud with google docs instead of having a server. Something to think about at BDS when our server lease is up for renewal in two years.

At the beginning of the day we did what was called a Smackdown where we shared new things like websites. I am looking forward to the mathzlinks and library skills websites. http://mathzlinks.wikispaces.com/home (also http://litworks.wikispaces.com
Library skills http://users.ece.utexas.edu/~valmstrum/s2s/utopia/library4/src/library4.html
The library skills will be good as a reading rotation during guided reading.
Mathzlinks is targeted at the numeracy project, so the interactive activities target the stages. What a find!!!!

Great to see all the activeboards in the classrooms at SPS.

Today has been very useful.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Lyndal - it really interesting to hear what was useful for you. And I agree that mathzlinks wiki is going to be an amazing resource for students! See you in November if not before ...

    ReplyDelete